The State of Hawaii’s Digital Currency Innovation Lab is looking for nonprofit organizations that are actively fundraising or investing via Bitcoin and digital currencies or are researching the practice to participate in a virtual round table focus group on 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟭, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 𝗮𝘁 𝟵:𝟬𝟬 𝗮.𝗺.
Here are a mix of participants that DCIL is looking for:
- Sector: Arts, public health/social services, education, environment.
- Role: Executive, fundraiser, marketer, portfolio manager.
- Crypto experience: Actively fundraising, considering, investing.
- How much familiarity do you have with Bitcoin and other digital currencies as a method of payment or contribution to nonprofits and charitable causes?
- Some nonprofits have embraced and promoted their acceptance of Bitcoin and digital currency donations. What judgements would you say that practice evokes among donors and the public? How do the key demographics of a given nonprofit mesh with the concept?
- Nonprofits are subject to strict and complex tax and financial reporting requirements. Have you received any guidance relative to the implications digital currencies would have on your books?
Learn more about the Digital Currency Innovation Lab at www.htdc.org/digital-currency-innovation-lab.